Rohan SomawansaHonorary Advisor
Mr. Rohan Somawansa presently holds post of General Manager in the Sales & Marketing Department at D Samson & Sons (Pvt) Ltd. The sales and marketing arm of the highly diversified DSI Samson group, which also happens to be the largest footwear manufacturer and retailer in Sri Lanka. He also manages a number of crowned local brands and several world renowned sports brands.
Rohan is a marketing graduate and holds several postgraduate qualifications. During his tenure as the President of Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM), he was able to initiate Professor Philip Kotler’s Sri Lanka visit in 2011. In 2014, he started his 2nd term as the vice president of Asian Marketing Federation (AMF), the governing marketing body in Asia. He holds several professional memberships namely, member of the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), Singapore Institute of Marketing (SIM), American Marketing Association, Certified Professional Marketer in Asia (CPM Asia), Practicing Marketer (SL), Fellow member of SLIM and a member of World Chief Marketing Officers Forum (CMO).
- Chaired the Media, Marketing and Publicity Committee in the 1st SAARC Beach games in Hambantota, Sri Lanka in October 2011
- President of Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM), 2010
- A panel judge at the 2011 Tourism Awards, organized by the Ministry of Economic Development
- A judge panel of the 2011 Entrepreneur of the Year Award Ceremony, organized by the Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL).
- Awarded the Prestigious Marketing Professional of the year 2011/2012 in the World Brand Congress, Mumbai India in 2011
- Awarded top 50 Marketing Professionals in the World Marketing Summit, Malaysia in 2013